Two-part interview with Transliminal Media, April 2017, in Vancouver, Canada.
Sequel to the hit 2015 interview ‘Religion, Myth, Science, Truth’: https://youtu.be/07Ys4tQPRis
Please support Transliminal Media on Patreon | Transliminal Media Patreon
- 12 Rules for Life Live Tour: www.jordanbpeterson.com/events
- My new book: 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos: jordanbpeterson.com/12-rules-for-life
- My first book: Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief: jordanbpeterson.com/maps-of-meaning
- Dr Jordan B Peterson Website: jordanbpeterson.com/
- Self Authoring Suite: selfauthoring.com/
- Understand Myself personality test: understandmyself.com/
- Blog: jordanbpeterson.com/blog/
- Podcast: jordanbpeterson.com/podcast/
- Reading List: jordanbpeterson.com/great-books/
- Twitter: twitter.com/jordanbpeterson
- Support This Podcast: jordanbpeterson.com/donate/
I think you’ll get a kick out of this – archetypal imagery of the logos, or enlightened consciousness, in Disney’s “The Rescuers Down Under.” Don’t know if you’ve seen it, but it’s kind of right on the money.
The hero makes a dangerous climb to free the eagle (represented twice as only the wide open eye) from the fetters of the poacher. Doing so results in a free fall which nearly destroys him, but the eagle rescues him from complete destruction.
The eagle carries him over a series of mountain peaks and pushes off the highest peak before ascending further into the clouds.
The eagle then descends, and supports the hero while teaching him to move across the surface of the water, and for a moment, to fly with the birds.
It’s a pretty memorable scene if you saw it as a kid, and it pops back into my head every once in a while.
The eagle seems to represent an amalgam of the logos and the benevolent aspects of the Great Mother. The Tyrannical Father character associates himself with serpents and tries to use them to do his biding.
Mr Peterson, please never lose your compass and acquiesce to the pressure you are currently under. The world needs you desperately. Your skill set , the ability you have to articulate your thoughts and experiences in an understandable, objective way , is rare and absolutely imperative to the re-calibration of our unbalanced society.
On another note, thank you for being one of the only modern scholars I have observed that incorporates the inseparable fields of Philosophy and Morality into your Psychological Models. I have always wondered how any one can consider any, without the other. They are all intertwined, you understand this, and articulate it in a manner that is accessible to everyone. Thank you!
“Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us; nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth…. Through words and concepts we shall never reach beyond the wall off relations, to some sort of fabulous primal ground of things.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche, Philosophy in the Tragic Age of the Greeks